How braces from your orthodontist in Northvale, NJ, and Manhattan, NY, can help your smile
It’s only natural to want a straight smile because it looks more attractive. Braces can do something else too; they can improve your oral health! Dr. Kristine Hyon-Lee of KHL Orthodontics offers comprehensive orthodontic services, including braces. She has two convenient office locations in Northvale, NJ, and Manhattan, NY, to help you and your smile.
Your oral health is important, and you want taking care of your smile to be easy. When you have straight teeth, keeping your smile healthy is much easier because:
- Straight teeth are easier to floss; you won’t catch pieces of floss in between your teeth. The floss will slide easily up and down your tooth surfaces.
- Straight teeth don’t attract as much plaque; when your teeth are straight, they are much more self-cleansing. Your teeth won’t have the difficult access areas where plaque can hide.
- Braces also improve your bite, so your teeth come together easily; a good bite can prevent tooth and jaw stress. Tooth stress can lead to broken teeth and the need for dental restorations. Jaw stress can lead to TMJ issues.
Braces are an excellent option to help your oral health. Braces aren’t just for teenagers anymore, adults want a straight, healthy smile too.
You can choose from a variety of options for braces, including:
- Conventional metal braces; these are the original tried-and-true braces.
- Ceramic braces; have tooth-colored or clear brackets and clear wires.
- Lingual braces; are braces that are cemented on to the tongue side of your teeth
You can also choose orthodontic treatment with dental appliances, known as aligners. Many alignment problems can be corrected with these aligners. They offer the benefit of being able to take them out to eat, brush, and floss.
You deserve a straight, healthy smile, and braces can help you achieve it. To find out more about how braces can improve both the beauty and the health of your smile, call Dr. Kristine Hyon-Lee of KHL Orthodontics in Northvale, NJ, at (201) 767-4555, or in Manhattan, NY, at (347) 556-5337. Call today!